The illusion of perfect
For a long time I thought that I had to become a certain version of myself to deserve love.
That I had to heal such and such issues and then I'd be ready. And until then I would not let myself receive any love because I wasn't ready and hence didn't deserve it.
The more I kept healing, I began to see how deeply conditioned I am.
I'm so wounded, broken and flawed that clearly nothing is going to disappear or change overnight.
Then, why do I find myself waiting for that utopic day and let that stop me from savouring the present, iregardless of my current state of being.
WHERE IS THE RUSH??
Just continuously weeding a garden doesn't make it flourish. It sure helps protect it but without direct positive actions like watering and getting sunlight there will be nothing left to protect!
In the name of healing, I've been running away. Running away from the love that's descending to help me heal. I've been punishing myself unnecessarily by blocking out support. All because my ego wants me to believe that I don't deserve any of it.
If not for the sudden tragic news of the passing away of my cousin last month, I wouldn't have woken up to this call anytime soon. Maybe that's why I feel inspired to share this piece of my journey.
To share that reminder of how we get carried away with our conditionings.
We identify with our flaws so much that we can't even fathom or entertain thoughts of receiving love and abundance.
The false ego feeds and thrives from self doubt, pity, hopelessness,..
If you're still reading this then please tell yourself that you've had enough of playing the victim and resigning to fate.
Fight against your ego and choose to believe in yourself.
Yes it's not easy but it will be worth it. What is to live for if you have nothing or no one to believe in?
Choose to believe in yourself because you believe in the Lord.
All it takes is for you to say no more. No more suffering of this pain.
But unless you sit with your pain, you'll never feel like you deserve anything better
Unless you validate your past experiences
You'll keep pushing away what comes your way
It is so difficult but worth it to believe in ourselves.
To believe that we deserve the best and to teach our nervous system the same.
Change your narrative and dare to let that love in. Not because you're perfect now but because you're imperfect. You deserve it because you exist and need it.The fact that you are conditioned and struggling is all the more reason that you need it. When you address it as a need then there's no more the question of sabotaging it.
If it still feels uncomfortable and painful a process to begin, just remember how when you first apply medicine on a wound it always burns and stings.
24th March, 2022
Comments
Post a Comment