Why heal?

I went on a beach date with my friend and she took a video of me dancing in the waves

Watching it moved me with suprise and made me go - GOSH HEALING IS SO FRIKKING WORTH IT!

Worth the awareness and acknowledgement it brings of all the pain, hurt, injustice, blame and trauma that young innocent me had faced.

I felt so free! It had been a rough few days just before that date.
Each time I consciously choose to address and heal a certain wound from my past, I am taken on a spin around in the dark, foggy storm, unsure of when things will settle down.
But when they do always naturally calm down, I feel immensely relieved. Like a huge chunk has been lifted off from my heart. I feel like soaring, flying and dancing just like in this video! It is a lot of jumping and twirling hehe

The light heartedness, the further freeing of my suppressed inner child, the wildness from within syncing with the sea breeze and the fearless dance of the waves lifting me off my feet!

Once my friend told me that watching me leave some of my therapy sessions all teary eyed makes her scared to even want to begin. This piece is for her and to all others who are worried that healing might deprive you of the joy and happiness you may have now.

Hear me out, please.

Ignorance is not bliss. Shoving stuff under the rug is only going to make it worse later. How long will you keep using band aids?
Healing is a messy, joyful process! It isn't creating pain. It is only bringing up what has already happened. So you can feel and move it out of your body. To release and let go of what's holding you back. Holding you back in fear, self- doubt and a limiting belief system that stops you from living to your maximum potential!

It is the grieving of what has already happened. To tell your pain that I'm sorry you weren't heard before but I hear you now.

Healing does not bring in more problems. It only throws light onto what already exists. Yes, it is not easy but like I said in one of my previous captions - medicine stings.

Healing your past builds healthier narratives that beautifully changes the way you see yourself which then naturally and compassionately changes the way you see the world around!!

8th April, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing- Ice breaker sessions with myself

Friendship