The 3 J's of judging
What am I after? How are my thoughts and where are my intentions?
How many times do we consciously recognise our generous contribution to this vast scene of judgementalness.
Is it actually for healthy discernment or is it for that validation we receive in ourselves when we judge others?
I've heard people openly judge others and own up to it with pride. After all they're being themselves so who is to stop or blame them? But when those same people complained of being judged by others, I used to find that searingly hypocritical.
Little did I know that goody-pants me was subtly judging their negative judgments. I was startled when I found this quote. It reminded me of how when you point one finger at others, you've three pointing right back at you.
That pride and assumption I held of being visibly less judgemental than others was directly attacked. Judging others for being judgemental turned out to be a greater form of hypocrisy in this situation.
To recap. I find there are three layers to this j word. Directly judging others, complaining of judgemental people while being judgemental yourself and to judge others for judging others.
I hope that jotting this down helps me identify when I find myself participating in any of the above three. To not be hard on myself once I recognize but to take a step back and reflect.
To work on focussing less on the negatives and to not judge negativity. Since you still spend energy when you give it attention even if it's of contempt.
All of this finally brings me to my favourite concept of how when you attach to Krishna you automatically detach from Maya.
It's the same sublime principle!
Focus on what you have, how far you've come and where you want to go! To directly focus on the positive leaving no room for negativity. To flow with kindness and compassion. To love and let live.
29th June, 2021
Comments
Post a Comment