Surrendering to the waves

 I surrender to the waves that won't let me outrun

As they catch up to me quickly

Leaving no room dry

For my pain to hide


Everytime I fall back into my pattern

of wanting to feel better than someone else


when I am feeling insecure, threatened or envious

due to my unresolved pain or trauma being triggered


I yearn for an increasing remembrance and practice -

To spot and let go of my codependency trait to help others just to feel better about myself


To look at their positive qualities and go-

wow how do they effortlessly do something that I'm only beginning to understand and integrate


To let myself be awestruck and to ask them for their story with genuine curiosity


To sit back and hear them narrate with passion

their journey


Watching their eyes light up

as into their inner world

I'm granted entry


From one heart to another

The sharing of experiences

incomparably unique


Ahhh

The glories of empathic listening

And the power of story telling


No place for jealousy

Loneliness fading and

Love flooding


Natural appreciation

Of our strengths and differences

Beautifully strengthening our connections


3rd June, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why heal?

Healing- Ice breaker sessions with myself

Friendship