Let me be trinkets
It's one of those days
Where I seek refuge in writing
In sharing and choosing to be vulnerable
Honest, raw and open
This is one of those pieces that unfolds itself
I'm holding my phone and typing the words
Not knowing what comes next
Seeking hope and changing
forgiving, grieving and mourning
Of past expectations and dreams
Lots of confusion and lots of pain
A battle with my ego that wants to win alone
Realising there's no lasting joy without shared emotions
Struggling to practice being happy for others without feeling like I lost
Why is it so difficult to celebrate others and not feel threatened?
I remind myself of the abundance around
I am safe and it's okay to be happy for others
Maybe my need to feel different comes in the way of receiving human love
I don't want to feel special if it's at the cost of being alone
I rather choose the mundane and ordinary
And laugh and cry with those around me
Maybe it's okay to fit in and experience life together with others
Maybe it's okay even if I might lose myself a bit because I've had enough of being selfish
I was proud of the individuality I built that I protect and hide it in fear of losing it
I don't want to be a diamond locked up in a safe forever
Let me be the sea shells that kids want to collect and play with
Let me be sand and gravel and pebbles
Let me be trinkets and anything of material cheap value
Let me be so cheap that my value grows with the memories I make and in the richness of my heartfelt soul connections
Let me be so simple that my grandeur is displayed in the radiance of my love and in the sapphire depths of my conversations
Let me lose myself into others so much that my past selfish identity is destroyed like the pheonix that burns to ashes only to rise better than ever
This storm, I want to rise not alone but with all of those that can come along
In this unlearning of a corporate conditional belief that thrives on comparison, competition, and envy
Yes I'll mess up and slip but this piece is here to remind and keep me accountable for this newfound beautiful practice
1st June, 2022
Comments
Post a Comment