Krishna Conscious affirmations
I was just catching up on my reading for this past week and I came across a reference from the verse 7.6 of the Bhagavad Gita. I finally received confirmation to a theory I've been trying to understand that had seemed contradictory for a long time!
“O Supreme Eternal! If the embodied living entities were eternal and all-pervading like You, then they would not be under Your control. But if the living entities are accepted as minute energies of Your Lordship, then they are at once subject to Your supreme control.
Therefore real liberation entails surrender by the living entities to Your control, and that surrender will make them happy. In that constitutional position only can they be controllers.” (SB 10.87.30)
What I found interesting was, "In that constitutional position only can they be controllers."
Since when I consciously decided to take on this journey of healing, I found a few concepts a bit confusing. It sure did help me get through things but I wasn't sure if it was in the right mood.
For example, positive self affirmations- I am strong, I am beautiful, I am resilient, I am this and that.
There were a lot of I's involved and it disturbed me initially because that's not how I was brought up. We were taught to lessen our I's and mine's. To not think in terms of the self because we're not these bodies. We are spirit souls.
I continued despite these thoughts, hoping that one day I'd understand. Slowly, a few things did begin making sense to the point where I genuinely felt comfortable saying-
'I am strong, intelligent and beautiful because I am His own dear instrument.'
'I can do this but only because I trust the Lord's plans.'
'I will participate but only so as it pleases him.'
'I will let myself enjoy this activity as long as it reminds me of him'
'I give myself permission to let go of my past only because I know I have Him to hold on to.'
'I know everything perfect will happen to me because I'm under the control of the perfect person.'
Adding this second phrase was a relieving change of perspective!
You can very well be in control as long as you know you are under His control. Isn't the process of surrender to let GOvinda align your life!
8th May, 2021
< 3
Comments
Post a Comment