Human like waves

I could write for hours about the ocean. Although having been brought up near the coast, I finally got to connect with it only during this lockdown. 

I found myself drawn to it. Stopped taking my proximity to the beach for granted.

Craved for the sea breeze, the salt to clear away collective negativity, the waves teaching me life lessons and the rising sun for warmth and hope. 

My best memories were when I went accidentally during a new moon and a full moon. The force and power of mother nature startled me. It simply felt stupid to try and resist. I learnt to truly relax and go with the flow through the waves that wouldn't let me be in control. 

Each time I go to the beach it's a new experience. The water is either shallow or deep. Sometimes it is very muddy other times there are lots of shells and crabs. It gets wild during full/new moons. There are times when it's really peaceful and gentle.

There's so much to learn everyday. Every moment is new. Change is constant. It is unique. 

So are people. They remind me of the ocean. We think we know someone. We think we know ourselves. But to amaze we never cease. There's always lessons to learn and space to grow. Human beings are the most complicated creations. If the sea has so much to it what to speak of us people. 

One can never fully comprehend the science of being human. But, we can learn. Listen. Understand. It doesn't have to be black and white. It doesn't have to be one big wave or one small wave. It can be all different kinds. It can be strong and soft. The usual and new. Despite all this, they're still ours. The love that holds everything together in new and old. In stagnance and change.

Just like how these continuous changes in the ocean don't stop us or scare us from visiting again and again. So shouldn't these stumbles in relationships and connections stop us from being ourselves, from holding healthy boundaries, and even just being out there.

Learn

Let go 

Love

Live

< 3

29th January, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why heal?

Healing- Ice breaker sessions with myself

Friendship