Be kind to your inner child

  I used to think that if something messed up, it was the end. I would officially declare it a bad day. I'd let it affect me for feeling bad, sad, anxious, worried, etc. and would blame the incident, person or conversation.


Healing has helped me learn and become aware of how most of our actions, reactions and behaviours are unconscious responses to past pain/trauma.

And, it very rarely has something to do directly with the present circumstances.

Inspite of this renewed awareness, I sometimes catch me being hard on myself when I realise that I let my mind get the better of me.


I question myself saying,

-OMG you knew it was not healthy and you still did it?

-Why would you give in to this negative cycle?

-Not again bhagya!

-Sigh, when will you learn.


And then I draaaag myself to a pause. Wait a second.

How could I be so rude to myself when I'm already suffering!

When I'm struggling and battling in the clutches of my mind all triggered and emotional.


The last thing I need is more pain, judgement, reprimand or advice. From others or even from myself.


All I got to do is to sit with the feelings. Feel them. Give them the room and attention they've been waiting to have! Instead of trying to numb the feelings by distracting myself or by blaming it on others. The pain just wants to be heard. It need not have to make any sense. I might not understand anything now but that's alright.


It is has been empowering to allow myself to feel all my feelings be it sadness, pain, confusion, anxiety, whilst knowing that this does not define my present.

This is an informative trigger that I'm choosing to deal with because I'm done having it perpetuate.

To be kind to my inner child that went through this pain without support, resources or awareness.

To talk to someone if it's too much to handle alone and to give myself lots of love, patience and just say- hey whatever it is you're feeling it's alright. I gotcha. You're not alone this time!


This helps me view this particular part of my day as a beautiful, healing event of its own rather than letting it negatively affect me longer than necessary. Which amazingly makes me more present and functional than usual!


19th April, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why heal?

Healing- Ice breaker sessions with myself

Friendship