A puppet in your divine hands
I can't see the full picture. I can't see the other characters, nor can I read the script. I feel like I've been thrown onto the stage unprepared. Blinking into the eyes of the spectators.
We stare at each other blankly. Not knowing what course to follow. I think I'm supposed to entertain, act and host the play. I keep wanting to do something about the situation but I find that I'm unable to move.
I got so absorbed I forgot I was just a puppet. I got so carried away that I forgot that You, the puppeteer, are there to take care of me.
I got so immersed with my fear of such a huge audience (the future) I forgot to let go and cooperate with You.
For You are the master of plans which no one can dare to disrupt with their tiny ounces of freewill.
A tug now and then acts as a humbling reminder to let me know who I am or mainly who I am not. I am not the controller. I am not anything but a puppet in Your hands.
And to cooperate I will try, to make it easier a path back home.
The pain that stirs through me are the strings that He pulls to hoist me up to Him. Like the lioness that carries her cub in her mouth to protect, not hurt.
I pray for the strength to keep remembering that I'm just a puppet in your hands and You, my dear friend and caring master.
18th January, 2021
Comments
Post a Comment